Friday, September 17, 2010

Project #2

I made another few pictures. This is just a test print. It needs some dodging. But it's baby Emerson, a mighty yawn, only eleven hours old.



I was thinking yesterday as I went home from school, and after a pretty successful developing session, how scared I originally was to develop film, and then how complicated enlarging seemed. The butterflies are gone and I am able to go into a darkroom feeling completely at home. I really really like it. I might not know exactly how to get a great print, but I'm working on it. And I like that. I used to dread going the studio (in fact, I still hate going in to finish paintings......grrrrrr), but going in on my day off for photo is a completely different story. I don't know if I've ever enjoyed "practicing" anything like I enjoy "practicing" the darkroom.

Now. Let's hope I can get the exposure time right.

No comments:

Post a Comment